I used mixed media pour and outlined the woman with gel pen. My idea was to use the shape the silver glitter as a guide to outline the woman. The flat silver became her face. The spread silver became the branches of the thron bushes.
Tarantulas are known to be hairy and bulky. For this piece I decided to use ink pen to draw cluttered-heavy-lines where light does not meet and thinning the lines as we get to highlighted areas to indicate volume and 3D shape. The buttoned eyes are an inspiration from the book and film Coraline, film adaption directed by Henry Slick and original story/book by Neil Gaiman .
Now this piece I had fun with. This was all digitally drawn using a wagon intous pro tablet. The whole piece was pure weighted white lines on a black background since the piece shows only negative space values. What better way to use negative space than on actual cosmic space.
This piece was pretty simple in a design aspect. I just used a brush and chiseled ink to pen to outline the legs. For the body I used pure brush to add the space and the illusion of a exoskeleton of the abdomen. Kind of inspired by the brush strokes/drawings in ancient Japanese art.
Comments
Post a Comment